- 5 tablespoons Plain flour
- 6 Medium, skinless & boneless chicken breasts
- 5 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 Small onions, peeled & finely chopped
- 250ml Marsala wine
- 700ml Passata (sieved tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon Caster sugar
- 1 Unwaxed orange, grated zest
- 75g Raisins
- 10 Fresh basil leaves
- To taste Salt
- To taste Freshly ground black pepper
Found in This Book
Feast your eyes on the finest chicken breasts in marsala & tomato sauce with raisins! It’s straightforward and fun to make this great dish. Simply follow the instructions below and get the perfect result.
Step By Step
- Put the flour on a large plate and season with salt and pepper. Dip the chicken breasts in the seasoned flour to coat
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the chicken and fry for 2 minutes each side or until lightly browned. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the onions and fry for 5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Increase the heat and pour in the Marsala. Bring to the boil and let it bubble for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the passata, sugar, orange zest, raisins and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium-low, return the chicken to the pan and cook gently for 20 minutes. Check for seasoning and serve immediately.
Once you’re done, simply sit back and enjoy your chicken breasts in marsala & tomato sauce with raisins and don’t forget to check out other great authentic Italian recipes including great antipasti recipes, Italian pasta recipes, Italian soup recipes, Italian beef dishes and authentic pizza recipes.